East Campus Construction, Transportation Demand on AU Community Liaison Committee Agenda
The American University Community Liaison Committee (CLC) will convene its quarterly meeting on Tuesday, September 24 at 7:00 p.m. Of note on the agenda is discussion of the planned East Campus, as well as an ongoing Transportation Demand Management (TDM) study. The CLC raised the TDM study at its last quarterly meeting in July, which is exploring means to reduce the use of vehicles and their impact on the neighboring community, and increase foot and bike traffic to and from campus. The CLC, comprised of university and neighborhood representatives, seeks to foster and maintain positive relations with the community.
Here’s the full agenda:
AU COMMUNITY LIAISON COMMITTEE
Date: Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Time: 6:30 pm Meet & Greet with refreshments; 7:00 pm meeting
Location: Abramson Family Founders’ Room, Lower Level, School of International Service, Nebraska Avenue, NW @ New Mexico Avenue, NW
Free parking is available in the School of International Service Parking Garage. The garage entrance is on Nebraska Avenue. Please turn right from the south bound traffic lane.
Introductions and Opening Remarks
1. Preliminary Report on Fall 2013 Enrollment – Greg Grauman, Director Undergraduate Admissions
2. Traffic & Parking: Review of 2012-2013 Performance – Dan Nichols, Executive Director of University Safety Programs
3. Jacobs Field Sound Update – David Taylor, President’s Chief of Staff & Secretary to the Board of Trustees
4. Construction Update & Preview of East Campus Planning – David Dower, Assistant VP of Planning & Project Management
Other Agenda Items
1. Progress on Transportation Demand Management Study – Dan Nichols
2. Mediator Recommendations – Hisham Khalid, Associate General Counsel
3. Student Conduct: Summary of Incidents since the June, 2013 Meeting – Michelle Espinosa, Associate Dean of Students
4. Status of Aramark’s Liquor License Application – Linda Argo, Assistant VP of External Relations and Auxiliary Services
Good of the Order
- The next Quarterly Meeting of the AU Community Liaison Committee is Tuesday, December 3, in the Katzen Arts Center, followed by a Town Hall Meeting with President Kerwin and a Holiday Reception.