What’s on Tap in Tenleytown (11/25-12/1)
Happy Thanksgiving! Tenleytown has a lot going on this holiday. So take a break from the turkey and come on out to see what’s happening this week:
- Looking to relax and gain some balance amid the stress of Thanksgiving? Then come to the Tenley-Friendship Library this evening at 7:15 p.m. for a free, introductory T’ai Chi class given by Susan Lowell of Tenleytown T’ai Chi. All ages are welcome and should wear comfortable clothing. Participants will be required to sign a liability waiver before the class begins.
- On Tuesday, November 26, MedStar Medicare Choice will present a workshop on “Medicare and You“ at the Tenley-Friendship Library at 7:00 p.m. Medicare eligible residents can learn more about different health and drug plans and their rights as medicare recipients.
- Calling all artists, crafters, cooks, and other entrepreneurs interested in selling their wares at the Tenley WinterFest winter market! The deadline to reserve a table at the market is this Wednesday, November 27. Visit www.tenleywinterfest.org for more information and to download a table registration form.
- On Thanksgiving, you could spend your time watching football on the television, OR you could come out to support the Wilson High School football team live and in person as they take on H.D. Woodson in the 44th annual Turkey Bowl. The Turkey Bowl is the championship game for the District of Columbia Interscholastic Athletic Association. Kick-off is at 11:00 a.m. at Eastern High School, 1700 East Capitol Street, SE. It’s not in the neighborhood, but it’s worth the trip across town to cheer on our home team.
- As part of Small Business Saturday on November 30, Tenleytown Ace Hardware, 4500 Wisconsin Ave NW, will be serving fresh baked cookies at noon as a thank you to its loyal neighborhood customers. Stop in, enjoy a treat and maybe check off some items on your home improvement list.
- And don’t forget – it’s not too early to register for the Janney 5K, which will take place on December 7 as part of Tenley WinterFest. The race is sponsored by local merchants, Janney families and friends of Janney. Race proceeds will support special programs at the school. Last year’s race brought 600 participants to the finish line – so don’t be left behind. Register today at www.Janney5K.com.