ANC-3E Update: Douglas Development to Present on Tenley View Project
Tonight’s Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 3E meeting will now include a presentation by Douglas Development Corporation regarding the current Tenley View project, located at 4600 Wisconsin Avenue. Douglas Development will share plans for a public space application at the former Babe’s Billiards site.
Included in the application, and requiring ANC review and approval, are: special paving along Wisconsin Avenue and Brandywine Street, an area along Brandywine Street for outdoor seating for a future restaurant, new street trees and planter boxes along Wisconsin Avenue and Brandywine Street, and furniture for public use, including benches, bike racks, and trash receptacles. Douglas Development and the ANC are also expected to continue discussions regarding sidewalk and lane closures necessitated by construction at the Tenley View site.
For additional information on the Tenley View project, read Tenleytown, D.C.‘s previous posts:
- Tenley View Update: Demolition on Track
- Future Tenley View Site Makes Slow Progress
- Work to Begin on Former Babe’s Site
Here’s the full agenda for tonight’s meeting:
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 3E
Tenleytown – American University Park- Friendship Heights
c/o Lisner Home 5425 Western Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20015
(subject to change)
Thursday, December 12, 2013, 7:30pm
Janney Elementary School Library
4130 Albemarle Street, NW
Discussion of and possible vote on resolution regarding proposed addition to Janney Elementary School*
Presentation by 2nd District Police
Presentation by Council Member David Catania on education policy in the District of Columbia
Presentation by Douglas Development on public space application for the Tenley View (Babe’s Billiards site) and possible vote on resolution regarding same
Announcements / Open Forum– opportunity for members of the community to raise issues of concern or importance to the 3E neighborhood
- Approval of November 2013 meeting minutes
- Approval of expenditures
* Please note that DC’s Department of General Services (DGS) will do a presentation from 7:00 to 7:30 pm, in the same room as the ANC meeting, regarding the proposed addition to Janney Elementary School. The ANC will discuss and may vote on a resolution regarding the addition at the beginning of its meeting, but the 7pm DGS presentation will not be repeated. Accordingly, residents interested in the details of the proposed addition should plan to arrive at 7pm for the DGS presentation.