What’s on Tap in Tenleytown (12/16-12/22)
Arts, education and winter cheer are all on the agenda for Tenleytown. Here’s what you can find in the neighborhood this week:
- On Monday, December 16, Friendship Hospital for Animals will host the latest in its Client Education Series. The free session on Animal Dentistry: What You Need to Know About Your Pet’s Teeth will be held at the Tenley-Friendship Library at 7:00 p.m. Dr. Ray Phillip will discuss the benefits of regular dental check-ups and cleanings.
- On Tuesday, December 17 the Woodrow Wilson High School Vocal Music Program presents it annual winter choral concert Holiday Splendor. Under the direction of Lori Williams, Vocal Music Director, and accompanied by Mr. Jonathan Davis the Concert Choir, Treble Choir, Vocal Ensemble, and guest musicians will perform starting at 7:00 p.m. The concert will take place in the auditorium; please use the Chesapeake Street entrance.
- On Tuesday, Susan Lowell of Tenleytown T’ai Chi will offer this month’s free, introductory T’ai Chi class at the Tenley-Friendship Library at 7:30 p.m. All ages are welcome and should wear comfortable clothing. Participants will be required to sign a liability waiver before the class begins.
- Alice Deal Middle School will host an open house for prospective school families from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 18. Current students will provide tours of the school and answer questions.
- Come learn about plans to renovate Friendship (Turtle) Park on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Architects for the project will review the conceptual design and seek input from the community on the new playground and recreation center, which are scheduled for construction in late 2014. The community meeting will take place at American University’s Mary Graydon Center, Room 200.
- The Tenley-Friendship Library concludes its Autumn in New York Film Series on Thursday, December 19 at 6:45 p.m. with the holiday comedy Elf.
- As you are out celebrating, don’t forget that if you find you have indulged a bit too much, the Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) SoberRide initiative will provide free taxi rides (up to $30) to anyone over 21 in the greater Washington, DC area each night from 10pm until 6am, through New Year’s Day. AT&T customers can call #WRAP from their mobile phones to get a safe, free ride home, while others can dial 800-200-TAXI (8294).