What’s on Tap in Tenleytown (2/3-2/9)
Don’t let the winter weather give you the blues. Instead play a round of cards, enjoy the arts and root for the home team – those are just some of the things you can do around the neighborhood this week:
- Start the week off with a few friendly hands of bridge at the weekly Bridge Group on Monday at Iona Senior Services. New members are always welcome to join for a few rubbers from 11:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. For more information, call 202-895-9448.
- On Monday evening, Georgetown Day High School welcomes the Renmin University Affiliated High School Dance Troupe from Beijing, China. Don’t miss this spectacular performance, which is free and open to the public. The one-hour performance will take place in the Black Box starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Cheer on the American University Eagles this week as the women’s basketball team takes on the Loyola University Maryland Greyhounds on Wednesday, February 5 at 7:00 p.m. at the Bender Arena. And then come out and show your support for the men’s basketball team on Saturday, February 8 as they battle the Colgate University Raiders at 2:00 p.m.
- On Thursday, in honor of Black History month, the Tenley-Friendship Library will hold a black history trivia tournament for teens at 4:00 p.m. Teens can test their knowledge about history, the arts, sciences, and other subjects. Prizes will be awarded.
- Alice Deal Middle School will hold a Visiting Day on Friday, February 7 at 9:00 a.m. Prospective parents can learn about academic and extracurricular programs offered by Deal, and experience first-hand why Deal is the model for middle schools in the District.
- Wrap up the week by stopping by Studio 4903, a hidden gem of an artists’ studio tucked away in Tenleytown. Studio 4903 will open its doors on Sundays from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for a pop-up shop for customers to explore the gorgeous artisan jewelry, silver work and paintings created by studio members. Come in for a special something for your special Valentine – or treat yourself! The studio is located at 4903 Wisconsin Avenue, NW.
Know of an event in the neighborhood? Want to let others know, too? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.