What’s on Tap in Tenleytown (9/1-9/7)
Happy Labor Day! We hope you are enjoying the unofficial last day of summer. Before the end of the season gets you down, take a look at these fun events happening around Tenleytown. Add a couple to your calendar – they’ll be sure to brighten your mood:
- Close out your Labor Day weekend with family and friends at the Friendship Terrace Labor Day Barbecue from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. this evening. Enjoy your barbecued favorites with all the fixings. Tickets for the event are $10 for adults, $5 for children aged 6 to 12, and children under 6 eat free of charge. Tickets can be purchased at the front desk at 4201 Butterworth Place, NW.
- On Tuesday, September 2 the Tenley-Friendship Library’s Explorers Club will venture into the world of bubble science! How does a bubble float? And why do they pop? Join the fun at 4:00 p.m. to find out! The Explorers Club will meet outside near the external book return, and children ages 5 to 12 are encouraged to wear clothes that can get messy. In case of rain, an alternative activity will take place in the children’s story time room. Explorers Club is held the first Tuesday of each month.
- Bring your little LEGO architects and builders to the Tenley-Friendship Library on Wednesday, September 3 to join the LEGO Construction Crew. Each Wednesday at 4:00 p.m., the library will provide all the bricks a child’s imagination can handle. Ages 6 to 12 years welcome.
- Enjoy a complementary wine tasting in Le Chat Noir’s upstairs wine lounge on Thursday, September 4 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Located at 4907 Wisconsin Avenue, the French restaurant hosts a wine tasting on the first Thursday of every month.
- American University and the Embassy of Belgium invite you to take part in their celebration of the bicentenary of Belgian musician and inventor of the saxophone, Adolphe Sax. AU musician in residence Noah Getz will lead a free saxophone quartet performance on Saturday, September 6 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at the AU Museum in the Katzen Arts Center.
And don’t forget these great weekly events:
- Tuesday is Trivia Night at Kitty O’Shea’s Irish Restaurant and Bar, 4624 Wisconsin Avenue, NW. Trivia Kings will test your trivia acumen each week at 8:00 p.m.
- Test your knowledge with Trivia Wednesday at Public Tenley where teams compete for a chance at a $5,000 cash prize in the CSN Trivia Challenge. Trivia begins at 8:00 p.m., but arrive early to reserve a seat. (Read about Tenleytown, D.C.‘s experience with Trivia Wednesday here.)
- Join Paul’s Wine and Spirits on Friday evening for the weekly complementary Friday Night Wine Tasting from 5:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. The complimentary tastings are set up to allow guests to arrive at any point during the event and are meant to be a fun, social, educational, and tasty experience. Paul’s is located at 5205 Wisconsin Avenue.
- Start your weekend off with Family Story Time at the Tenley-Friendship Library. Enjoy songs, rhymes and good books on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. All ages welcome.
Know of an event in the neighborhood? Want to let others know, too? Send us an email at email@example.com.