4th Annual Tenleytown Block Party This Sunday
The City Church is sponsoring its annual neighborhood block party this Sunday, September 28 at the corner of River Road and Wisconsin Avenue next to The Container Store. The event kicks off at 1:00 p.m. and runs until 6:00 p.m. with free food and entertainment for the whole family.
We went last year and had a wonderful time catching up with neighbors while enjoying good music, an impromptu dance performance by members of the community, and delicious food. The littlest member of our family particularly liked the inflatable obstacle course, which appears to have been upgraded this year for teens and adults to try out.
The weather is forecast to be gorgeous – the Capital Weather Gang projects “Sunday highs … near 80 to the low 80s.” So plan to gather up the family and walk on over to the Tenleytown Block Party.
Here’s what neighbors and visitors can enjoy:
- free refreshments, including grilled burgers and hot dogs, sno-cones, popcorn, cotton candy, a dessert truck, and beverages;
- a moon bounce for children;
- a 45′ inflatable obstacle course for teens and adults;
- face painting and balloon animals;
- the NFL Zone, a tent for viewing Sunday’s games;
- a 3-on-3 basketball tournament;
- a ferris wheel ride for children
- a skate park with ramps, rails and more;
- a DJ spinning music; and
- a care packaging station for local area first responders – all the supplies and care items will be provided by The City Church.
The City Church is located at 4100 River Road. The road in front of the church will be closed for the event, which will also take place in the church parking lot.