Saturday Morning Road Closures for Janney 5K
The final day of the Tenley WinterFest begins at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 6 with the annual Janney 5K and Fun Run. The race starts at Janney Elementary School and loops through the neighborhood before concluding back at the school.
To ensure the safety of the runners several streets in the immediate vicinity will be closed starting 90 minutes before the race. Streets are expected to reopen by 11:30 a.m. just in time for shoppers to make their way to the Winter Market at Janney.
The Metropolitan Police Department issued the following information on street closures for the race. Those who live or park on affected streets are encouraged to plan ahead as the police will not allow you to move your car until the roads are reopened.
The event is scheduled for Saturday, December 6, 2014. The streets will be closed from approximately 8:30 am to 11:30 am. The staging area will be in the parking lot of Janney Elementary School on Albemarle Street, NW between Wisconsin Avenue, NW and 42nd Street, NW
The Race start time will be from 9:00 am to 11:00 am at which time the roadways mentioned below will be closed to traffic.
– West on Albemarle Street, NW towards 42nd Street, NW
– South on 42nd Street, NW to Van Ness Street, NW
– West on Van Ness Street, NW to 46th Street, NW
– North on 46th Street, NW to Albemarle Street, NW
– West on Albemarle Street, NW to the 4900 block of Albemarle Street, NW then turn around
– East on Albemarle Street, NW to 46th Street, NW
– South on 46th Street, NW to Van Ness Street, NW
– East on Van Ness Street, NW to 42nd Street, NW
– North on 42nd Street, NW to the finish line in the rear of the school
Those interested in registering for the Janney 5K and Fun Run can do so online until 9:00 p.m. on Friday, December 5.