Tenley View Project, PEPCO Merger on Tonight’s ANC Agenda
Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 3E rings in the new year with its first meeting of 2015 tonight at 7:30 p.m. The meeting also marks the start of a new two-year term, with incumbents Jonathan Bender and Tom Quinn returning to the commission and newly elected representatives Anne Wallace, Amy Hall, and Jonathan McHugh taking their seats for the first time. Commission officers will be elected as the first order of business.
The agenda also includes an update on construction of the Tenley View project at Brandywine Street and Wisconsin Avenue and consideration of Douglas Development Corporation’s need for an extended public space permit during construction. The commission will also discuss plans for the installation of All-Way Stop signs at the intersection of 43rd Street and Alton Place, a public space application from the Lisner Home, and – branching out into regional issues – the potential merger of PEPCO with Exelon.
The meeting will take place in the Tenleytown Room I at the Embassy Suites in Friendship Heights. Upon entering the building, take the elevator (or escalator) to the second floor. Once on the second floor landing, take the elevator to the third floor. Turn right after exiting the elevator, then turn left down the hall for the Tenleytown Room I, which will be on the left down a hallway. Hotel staff at the front desk on the second floor can help you find your way if you get turned around.
Here’s the full agenda for tonight’s meeting:
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 3E
Tenleytown – American University Park- Friendship Heights
c/o Lisner Home 5425 Western Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20015
(subject to change)
Thursday, January 8, 2015, 7:30pm
Tenleytown Room I, Embassy Suites, Chevy Chase Pavilion
4300 Military Road, NW
- Approval of contract for staff assistance and election of officers
- Announcements / Open Forum– opportunity for members of the community to raise issues of concern or importance to the 3E neighborhood
- Presentation by Metropolitan Police Department on crime in PSA 202
- Update by Douglas Development on construction of Tenley View project on former Babe’s Billiards site, and discussion of and possible vote on resolution regarding need for extension of public space permit for construction
- Discussion of and possible vote on resolution regarding DDOT Notice of Intent to install All-Way Stop signs at 43rd Street and Alton Place NW
- Discussion of and possible vote on resolution regarding public space application for wall reconstruction at Lisner Home
- Presentations on and discussion of PEPCO’s proposed merger with Exelon
- Discussion of and possible vote on resolution of appreciation for departing public servants
- Approval of Security Fund Resolution
- Approval of ANC budget
- Approval of November 2014 meeting minutes
- Approval of expenditures