Summer Restaurant Week Begins Today
It’s August and that means it is time for the summer iteration of Metropolitan Washington Restaurant Week!
Tenleytown’s local French bistro Le Chat Noir is once again participating this year, and will offer a special lunch and dinner menu starting Monday, August 17. Le Chat Noir will be joined by relative newcomer to the neighborhood Bread & Salt, which will also offer lunch and dinner specials during the week.
Just up the road in Friendship Heights, diners can enjoy restaurant week specials at Aggio DC, Capital Grille, LIA’s, Range, and Sushi Ko.
A full list of participating restaurants is available on the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington website. Just be careful as you search by neighborhood. RAMW plays a little fast and loose with its designations, for example placing Al Dente on New Mexico Avenue in Friendship Heights and its immediate neighbor Chef Geoff’s in Tenleytown. Neither is correct, but is still close enough that you might want to swing by.
Restaurant week begins August 17 and only runs through August 23, so make your reservations now. Lunch is offered at $22/person, while dinner is $35/person.
For tips on how to make the most of restaurant week, check out this handy guide from Washingtonian magazine.
Participating restaurants, and menus, in and around Tenleytown:
- Aggio DC, 5335 Wisconsin Avenue: Dinner
- Bread & Salt, 4619 41st Street: Lunch & Dinner
- Capital Grille, 5310 Western Avenue: No menus available yet
- Le Chat Noir, 4907 Wisconsin Avenue: Lunch & Dinner
- LIA’s, 4435 Willard Avenue: Lunch & Dinner
- Range, 5335 Wisconsin Avenue: Lunch & Dinner
- Sushi Ko, 5455 Wisconsin Avenue: Lunch & Dinner