Neighborhood in the News
In case you missed them, here are a few stories we came across this week covering the greater Tenleytown area that we thought were worth a second look.
- The Georgetown Dish gives a behind the scenes look at a recent “Chat with Cheh,” which brings constituent concerns directly to Ward 3 Counclmember Mary Cheh. One Tenleytown resident had a lot to say about Georgetown Day School’s expansion. ~ From Ward 3 to the World, Cheh Chats, Charms
- The recent rise in crime across the city hit a little close to home as tragically an American University graduate was the victim of a shooting in Shaw. ~ AU graduate gunned down outside Metro station in broad daylight
- In an unrelated incident, D.C. police apprehended a car jacker near American University on Wednesday. ~ Carjacking reported in D.C.
And while these aren’t quite from this week, we thought they were still worth including:
- AU Park resident Martha Ertman shares the beautiful story behind her family, and why legal contracts – long viewed as cold, calculating documents – can be gifts of love. As an added bonus, this Washingtonian profile was penned by another AU Park resident, freelance writter Debra Bruno. ~ Why You Need a Prenup for All Your Relationships
- Commuters’ Metro woes aren’t limited to incessant track work and delayed trains. Robert Dyer captures the sorry state of escalators at the Friendship Heights Metro. ~ Friendship Heights Metro escalator update (Photos)